Wednesday, 27 February 2008

An Apocalyptic Moment?


It's strange you know, when I read other blogs it never seems like the first entry to a new blog is an apocalyptic moment, but surely sometimes that's the point of it all? Choose a blog, choose a theme, introduce a theme, bumble on about said theme for years to come in the hope that people are still reading it, even if it is because they've gone through all their other favourites in their browser and already read all the works of Dostoyevsky for free on-line...

Anyways, I'm hoping to create and entice you with this blog with the theme of...dum da dum.... missions. That's not religious missions I hasten to add, but missions of an adventurous sort. So what qualifies as a mission? An adventure into the unknown? An exploration of something you've always wanted to see, you've been recommended, or have read about in some '100 things to do before you die' list? I would say that it's all of the above, but a lot simpler than that (hurray and phew, says everyone who thought this was going to be strenuous!). A mission is leaving your comfort zone and doing something different - yes, it does usually have to involve leaving the house (I hope I didn't just lose half of my readership) (that is, the cheerers and sighers of relief from the previous sentence), but it could be to see something at the end of your road, or something on the other side of the world!

Alternatively, if you'd rather just stay at home and mooch about on the web searching for a new and exciting fact which is going to be the clincher in your next pub quiz, have a look at my old (and not very extensive) blog: http://london-bradipi.blogspot.com/2006/09/bradipi-means-sloths-in-italian.html

No comments: